skip navigation

Recreational Players Update - April 13 2020

By Whitby FC Board/Staff, 04/13/20, 6:00PM EDT

Share

Recent Announcements

ONTARIO SOCCER

For those who may be concerned about registering for the abridged outdoor season, Ontario Soccer is encouraging participants to do so now, so that our Club can be fully prepared to kick off the Return to Play season when announced. Multiple scenarios are being considered which includes a modified Outdoor Season in 2020. Please also note that due to some municipal government restrictions, playing fields have been closed down beyond May.

Ontario Soccer is presently operating on a month-to-month basis as they review the ongoing health crisis until definitive information and directives inform otherwise.  Full updates from Ontario Soccer

WHITBY FC BOARD / STAFF

For our most recent messages and updates, please read our HOME page

We are continually evaluating the situation and considering how best to prepare for the eventual resumption of play. Although we are awaiting updates as to when fields will be open and when leagues will commence, our Club is preparing for the start of the Outdoor season. We do know that leagues will be very flexible concerning scheduling and to extending the outdoor season as necessary.

The Club is in constant communication with the Town and all of our suppliers to ensure that all the necessary fields, uniforms, equipment and other services will be available when needed.

Whitby FC is a not-for-profit community soccer club. We depend on registration fees to operate seasonal programs. Consistent with other community sports clubs we continue to be very optimistic about the upcoming outdoor season.  Click to read more

IS THE OUTDOOR SOCCER SEASON AT RISK OF BEING CANCELLED AND HOW IS THAT BEING ASSESSED AND DECIDED?

Whitby FC Recreational Soccer 

Given the spring (May) portion of the Outdoor season has been postponed, we are very optimistic and preparing to start in late June whenever we are informed it is safe to do so.  Similar to other seasons where we have encountered inclement weather / field conditions in May, we are planning to provide a full outdoor season.  We are in communication with the Town regarding possible start date of our permits. 

We have extended the deadline for the early fees to correspond with the ongoing updates we have been receiving.  The new early fee deadline is now May 18.  We encourage players to register so that we may be prepared to kick off as quickly as possible when the season opening is announced.

Consistent with other community sports clubs we continue to be very optimistic about the upcoming outdoor season. In the event that we are unable to facilitate or in fact we are unable to extend the season once started we will be providing a credit corresponding to OUTDOOR fees paid for those programs that are shortened or cancelled. The credit can be applied to any of our future programs and for any family member not just the currently registered player.

For our Adult team entries, we have extended the deadline until Monday June 1 and encourage players to register so that we may be prepared to kick off as quickly as possible when the season opening is announced.  For adult team entries if we cancel the season, the team entry fees would be returned to the team rep via the original payment method.

will THE remaining games for the INDOOR SOCCER SEASON RESUME?

Given the suspension of activities starting March 12 until end of May, our Indoor season is still postponed.  We had organized end of season activities for our U6 to U18 divisions and have player participation awards to be distributed.  When it is announced that we may begin participating again, further announcements will be made.

With respect to our Adult Indoor leagues, given the suspension of activities starting March 12 until end of May, our Indoor season is still postponed.  We had organized end of season CUPS.  When it is announced that we may begin participating again, further announcements will be made.